Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween continued

Here are close ups of the stitched designs.

Halloween stitching

Here is a little tableau on a table behind the living room couch. Girls Night Out is a Just Nan pattern, the witch's shoe is a Mill Kill kit, and the Quaker pumpkin is a Gazette 94 pattern.

I used Vikki Clayton's Hand Dyed Fibers to stitch the Quaker pumpkin. I used two shades of Gold Rush, 4233 & 4231.

I love the frame I found for the witch's shoe. I believe it was something I found on a sale table.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rippit rippit

I finished the center medallion and the outline around it only to discover that the outer border was stitched wrong. Considering I has stitched it a few years ago, I don't feel too bad. Instead of Olympic stitching tonight I'm un-stitching. Well, at least I can concentrate on the ladies gymnastics, LOL.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gigi's Christmas HDF silk floss

This is a design I stitched with a specialty silk floss dyed by Vikki Clayton, owner of Hand Dyed Fibers. The floss is called Gigi's Christmas. The pattern is Christmas Motif Sampler by JBW Designs.

I'm not sure what the fabric is. I found it in my stash. I hope you can see that it has wonderful sparkles in it of pale pink and green. I thought it was quite festive for a Christmas design.

I did a little manipulating of the color so the motifs would be in the red shades and the tree would be in the greens. The color flow on the border, however comes directly off the spool.

Stitching update

I've started on Pelican's Nest by Barrick Samplers. I'm using silk floss from my stash.
And here is my progress on Falling Leaves by Prairie Grove Peddler. Maybe I'll finish it before the Olpics are over??

Monday, April 9, 2012

Wedding ring pillow

My friend Becca married her sweetie this weekend. They wrote their own vows and there was a mention of butterflies in the ceremony. I then remembered I had finished a little design with a butterfly charm a few years ago - and found out that there were no plans yet for a ring pillow.

The fabric used on the back of the pillow is shown under the pillow in the photo. The beads were some I found in a bag and I thought they would dress up the pillow.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

WIPocalypse update for March

I've made some progress on the box of candy.

I also picked up two pieces I'd started a while ago. The first is a project my EGA group did three (OMG - has it been 3 years!) ago. I had part of the alphabet completed then. It is Quaker Hornbook by Ellen Chester, a project that is only available for classes or groups. The second is Folk Art Wizard of OZ. All I have really done on it this month is locate the floss I was using.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A 2011 finish

This is a little gift I made for friends who got married last July. I didn't take a picture before I gave it to them, but managed to get one when I visited them last weekend.

The pattern is French Country Wedding Bells by JBW designs. I used a green silk that looked like it would match colors in their house, specifically a new sofa. You can't see it very well, but there is a little bell right after the date.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

WIPocalypse update for February

I haven't been very productive since last time. January and February are the killer months at work, so instead of stitching, I've been at work. Here is what progress I've made:

Monday, January 9, 2012


I'm going to participate in the 2012 WIPocalypse project with two goals. One is to finish some stitching projects and the other is to post more to this blog.

Here is my progress for January.

This is "Angel" from Lighthearted Little Ones by Claire Hatten Designs. It is an older pattern that I had stitched several years ago for an ornament exchange. I had a little piece ofAmsterdam Blue 28 count Cashel and decided I wanted this design for me. I finished this one this month. I stitched a fair amount of it at my EGA meeting.

This is "Falling Leaves" from Prairie Grove Peddler. I love the use of color in this design. I think I'm doing it in the recommended fabric (28 count Laurel linen), but I can't find the label. I'll let you know if I find it. I'm loving this one - it is a treat to see the colors coming to life in my needle. This is done in regular DMC threads - pretty awesome!

Happy stitching!